Course number: 084504
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will create and manage database-driven websites.
Target Student: This course is intended for web designers and developers who have experience in using Dreamweaver to build websites and have a desire to expand on their knowledge to create professional, dynamic websites.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, it is recommended that you first take the following Element K courses: Adobe® Dreamweaver® CS5: Level 1 and Adobe® Dreamweaver® CS5: Level 2, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Intel® Pentium® IV processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- At least 1 GB of available disk space for software installation, and an additional 10 MB for the course data files
- 256-color monitor with 1024 x 768 resolution
- DVD-ROM drive
- Internet connection
- Network connectivity
Each computer requires the following software:
- Adobe® Dreamweaver® CS5
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 8
- WampServer 2.0i (Apache 2.2.14, MySQL 5.1.41, PHP 5.3.1)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- establish database connectivity.
- work with recordsets.
- create interactive page elements.
- administer database records.
- create a user authentication system.
- administer websites.
- Lesson 1: Establishing Database Connectivity
- Topic 1A: Connect to a Server
- Topic 1B: Identify the Components of a Database-Driven Site
- Topic 1C: Create a Connection to the Database
- Lesson 2: Working with Recordsets
- Topic 2A: Create Recordsets
- Topic 2B: Display Records
- Topic 2C: Navigate Through Recordsets
- Lesson 3: Creating Interactive Page Elements
- Topic 3A: Create Master and Detail Pages
- Topic 3B: Create Search and Results Pages
- Topic 3C: Use Dynamic Form Elements
- Lesson 4: Administering Records
- Topic 4A: Insert Records
- Topic 4B: Edit Records
- Topic 4C: Delete Records
- Lesson 5: Creating User Authentication Systems
- Topic 5A: Create User Registration Forms
- Topic 5B: Secure Web Pages
- Lesson 6: Administering Websites
- Topic 6A: Transfer Files to Servers
- Topic 6B: Manage Websites