Course number: 084398
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will use the advanced features of Adobe® InDesign® CS5 to create and design content for the web and print.
Target Student: This course is intended for students who want to expand their entry-level knowledge of Adobe InDesign by using advanced features and collaboration tools.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, it is strongly recommended that you take the following Element K course: Adobe® InDesign® CS5: Level 1, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel Centrino®, Intel Xeon®, or Intel Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor
- 1.8 GB of hard-disk space to install software, and an additional 2 GB of RAM to run the course
- Color monitor with 16-bit or greater video card; 24-bit color recommended
- Monitor with 1024 x 768 monitor resolution with 16-bit video card
- CD-ROM drive
- Internet or phone connection required for product activation
- Printer or an installed printer driver
Each computer requires the following software:
- Adobe® InDesign® CS5
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10
- Adobe® Acrobat ® Pro 9.0
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer®
- Microsoft® Office®
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- handle page elements.
- manage styles.
- develop complex paths.
- import and export data to external files.
- work with XML files.
- create dynamic documents.
- manage long documents.
- export InDesign files to other formats.
- adjust print settings.
- Lesson 1: Handling Page Elements
- Topic 1A: Create Duplicate Items
- Topic 1B: Handle Text Layouts
- Topic 1C: Create Transparency
- Topic 1D: Create Anchored Objects
- Topic 1E: Manage a Library
- Lesson 2: Managing Styles
- Topic 2A: Import Styles from Microsoft® Word Documents
- Topic 2B: Create Nested Styles
- Topic 2C: Create Related Styles
- Topic 2D: Apply Styles in a Sequence
- Topic 2E: Manage Style Overrides
- Topic 2F: Redefine Styles
- Topic 2G: Break the Link to Styles
- Lesson 3: Developing Complex Paths
- Topic 3A: Create Bézier Paths
- Topic 3B: Create Clipping Paths
- Topic 3C: Create Compound Paths
- Topic 3D: Create Type Outlines
- Lesson 4: Administering External Files
- Topic 4A: Import Layered Files
- Topic 4B: Merge Data
- Lesson 5: Working with an XML File
- Topic 5A: Integrate XML Content into a Document
- Topic 5B: Import XML Content
- Topic 5C: Create a Snippet
- Lesson 6: Creating Dynamic Documents
- Topic 6A: Create Interactive Documents
- Topic 6B: Insert Footnotes
- Topic 6C: Insert Text Variables
- Topic 6D: Create Text Conditions
- Topic 6E: Create Document Sections
- Lesson 7: Managing Long Documents
- Topic 7A: Create a Book
- Topic 7B: Create a Table of Contents
- Topic 7C: Create Hyperlinks
- Topic 7D: Create Cross-References
- Topic 7E: Generate an Index
- Lesson 8: Exporting InDesign Files in Other Formats
- Topic 8A: Export PDF Files
- Topic 8B: Export Files for the Web
- Topic 8C: Export Files for Animation
- Lesson 9: Adjusting Print Settings
- Topic 9A: Manage Colors
- Topic 9B: Preview the Print Output
- Topic 9C: Create Print Presets