Course number: 085737
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will create advanced web pages and test their validity.
Target Student: This course is designed for persons who understand the fundamentals of HTML and CSS and have used both technologies to create basic web pages. It is aimed at individuals interested in using these technologies to create advanced web pages and to test their validity.
Prerequisites: Students should be familiar with using personal computers with a mouse and keyboard. Basic typing skills are mandatory. They should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computers. Specifically, students should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. In addition to these, students should have taken the Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3: Level 1 course, or have equivalent knowledge.
On each student’s machine, you need the following hardware.
- 1 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster.
- Minimum 256 MB of RAM (512 MB of RAM recommended).
- 10 GB hard disk or larger (You should have at least 50 MB of free hard disk space available for installing web browsers).
- CD-ROM drive.
- Keyboard and mouse or other pointing device.
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended.
- Network cards and cabling for local network access.
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator).
- A projection system to display the instructor’s computer screen.
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 9.0
- Mozilla Firefox 8.0
- Google Chrome 17.0
- Apple Safari 5.1
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create web page layouts.
- manage CSS.
- test a website.
- create advanced navigation.
- incorporate metacontent and multimedia.
- create basic forms.
Lesson 1: Creating Web Page Layouts
- Topic 1A: Group Content
- Topic 1B: Create Box Layouts
- Topic 1C: Create Multi-Column Layouts
Lesson 2: Managing CSS
- Topic 2A: Apply Advanced CSS Selectors
- Topic 2B: Create an External CSS
- Topic 2C: Apply Browser-Specific CSS Code
Lesson 3: Testing a Website
- Topic 3A: Test a Markup
- Topic 3B: Test CSS
Lesson 4: Creating Advanced Navigation
- Topic 4A: Create CSS-Based Menus
- Topic 4B: Incorporate Images in CSS-Based Menus
- Topic 4C: Create Image Maps
Lesson 5: Incorporating Metacontent and Multimedia
- Topic 5A: Define Metacontent
- Topic 5B: Embed Media Using Plug-Ins
- Topic 5C: Add Audio and Video
Lesson 6: Creating Basic Forms
- Topic 6A: Create a Form with Basic Form Elements
- Topic 6B: Add Advanced Form Elements
- Topic 6C: Submit Forms