Course number: 085739
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will describe the skills required of a technical test analyst.
Target Student: This advanced level qualification is appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software to gain greater knowledge and recognition of test analysis and its application, especially in relation to technical aspects. It should be noted that a candidate who wishes to take the Certified Tester, Advanced Level (CTAL) – Technical Test Analyst exam should hold the foundation level certificate (CTFL).
Prerequisites: To take this course we recommend that students be familiar with software testing concepts and be either CTFL certified or possess equivalent knowledge. Suggested course: Certified Tester, Foundation Level (CTFL).
The instructor’s computer should have at least the following hardware configured:
- Intel® Pentium® IV 300 MHz processor
- 64 MB of RAM with 1.0 GB of free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- Super VGA recommended (set at least to 800 x 600 screen resolution) with 256 colors
- Internet connection
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2000 or later
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe software testing.
- describe the test process.
- identify software analysis techniques and reviews.
- describe dynamic test techniques.
- identify testing software characteristics.
- describe test process management.
- identify testing tools and test automation.
- describe people skills.
Lesson 1: Describing Software Testing
- Topic 1A: Describe Software Development and Testing Models
- Topic 1B: Identify Types of Software Testing
Lesson 2: Describing the Test Process
- Topic 2A: Test Planning and Control
- Topic 2B: Test Analysis and Design
- Topic 2C: Test Implementation and Execution
- Topic 2D: Exit Criteria and Reporting
Lesson 3: Identifying Software Analysis Techniques and Reviews
- Topic 3A: Describe Static Analysis
- Topic 3B: Describe Reviews
Lesson 4: Describing Dynamic Test Techniques
- Topic 4A: Examine Dynamic Analysis
- Topic 4B: Describe Specification-Based Test Techniques
- Topic 4C: Define Structure-Based Techniques
- Topic 4D: Identify Defect and Experience-Based Test Techniques
Lesson 5: Identifying Characteristics of Testing Software
- Topic 5A: Describe Domain Testing Attributes
- Topic 5B: Describe Technical Testing Attributes
- Topic 5C: Identify Testing Approaches
Lesson 6: Describing Test Process Management
- Topic 6A: Test Management
- Topic 6B: Risk Management
- Topic 6C: Incident Management
Lesson 7: Testing Tools and Test Automation
- Topic 7A: Test Tool Concepts
- Topic 7B: Identify Test Tool Categories
- Topic 7C: Test Automation Techniques
Lesson 8: People Skills
- Topic 8A: Describe Individual Skills
- Topic 8B: Describe Testing Team Dynamics
Appendix A: CTAL Certification Mapping