Course number: 084385
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will enhance your ability to create accurate masks and image effects, retouch images, work with video files, automate repetitive tasks, and integrate with other Adobe applications.
Target Student: Adobe® Photoshop® CS5: Level 2 is intended for intermediate and advanced users of Photoshop. The course covers the Adobe Visual Communication, using Photoshop CS5 and Adobe Photoshop CS5 ACE exam objectives, and is intended to help prepare students to take the Adobe Certified Associate and Adobe Certified Expert exams. Please refer to the CD-ROM that came with this course for the document that maps the Adobe Visual Communication using Photoshop CS5 objectives and the Adobe Photoshop CS5 ACE exam objectives to the content in the Adobe Photoshop CS5 series.
Prerequisites: Before taking this course, students should have taken the Adobe® Photoshop® CS5: Level 1 (First Look) course or have equivalent knowledge.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel® Centrino®, Intel® Xeon®, or Intel® Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor
- 2GB RAM or above
- 2GB hard-disk space to install software and an additional 500 MB to run the course
- Color monitor with 16-bit or greater video card; 24-bit color recommended
- A mouse or compatible tracking device
- 1024 x 768 or higher monitor resolution
- CD-ROM drive
- A display system to project the instructor’s computer screen
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 3
- Adobe® Photoshop® CS5
- Adobe® Acrobat® 9 Pro
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use image-editing tools in Photoshop to manipulate and enhance the appearance of an image.
- create and edit vector paths.
- work with shape layers and masks.
- automate tasks in Adobe Photoshop.
- use the tools available in Adobe Photoshop to edit and export video files.
- work with other Adobe applications.
- Lesson 1: Enhancing Images
- Topic 1A: Create Gradients
- Topic 1B: Retouch Images
- Topic 1C: Adjust Tonal Range Using Adjustment Layers
- Lesson 2: Working with Vector Paths
- Topic 2A: Create Vector Paths
- Topic 2B: Edit Paths
- Lesson 3: Working with Shape Layers and Masks
- Topic 3A: Work with Shape Layers
- Topic 3B: Work with Masks
- Topic 3C: Apply Special Effects to a Layer
- Lesson 4: Automating Tasks
- Topic 4A: Work with Actions
- Topic 4B: Automate Tasks Using Adobe Bridge
- Lesson 5: Working with Video Files
- Topic 5A: Edit Video Files
- Topic 5B: Export Video Files
- Lesson 6: Integrating with Other Adobe Applications
- Topic 6A: Integrate with Adobe® Illustrator®
- Topic 6B: Edit a Photoshop File in Adobe® Acrobat®